Monday, February 21, 2011

Your Due Date

Baby Mine,

Sorry I didn't write on your due date.  But you already know I thought about you the whole day... the whole week actually.  Mommy and Daddy had a nice time on their vacation, just spending time together without the distractions of the rest of life.  It's strange to be on this side.  No longer can I say "If I were still pregnant I would be..."  Last year, when we reached your big brother/sister's due date I was already pregnant again with you and that was such a huge comfort.  We didn't have that with you.  For the first time in 16 months I am neither pregnant nor suppossed to have been pregnant.

It's crazy sitting here in my quiet, empty house, looking at the spare room that never got cleaned out to become your nursery, not being crazy-tired like I should be or listening for every little sound coming from you as you sleep. 

Oh little one, I do miss you.  I miss what could have been, what should have been.

And I love you...

~to the moon

mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment