Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Names

I realize that I haven't really spoken about the meaning of this blog's name.  It's actually a combination of the two names we have picked out for the baby.  Since we don't have a name until the chromosonal testing confirms that she's a girl, we had both a girl name and a boy named picked out.  Neither is the name we had picked out for the baby as both of those names have significant familial meaning and we didn't want to use those names and have them forever connected to our dead baby.  So we picked out some names that had meaning for the situation we were going through. 

Nadia Anne:  Nadia has always been in my list of names for girls I like.  Nadia means "hope".  Anne is a family name.
Dominic Davis:  Dominic means "belongs to God" and as we knew that from the very moment our child entered the world s/he would belong to God it was perfect.  Davis is a family name.

Thus the name of this blog.  Whether it's a boy or girl, the fact of the matter is s/he was a hope for us and s/he now belongs to God.  Whether I want that or not, whether I except that every moment of every day or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment