Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rough day today

Ben Folds has a new album out... I love Ben Folds.  We took a drive in the country yesterday to listen to it.  We had heard a couple of the songs introduced last year at a concert we went to.  Nick Hornby has written the lyrics for this album, and, while I don't know Hornby's writing very well, I'm not very impressed with the lyrics.  Some of the songs are funny and sarcastic Ben Folds.  But the prettiest one musically is one I absolutely hate because of the lyrics.  Picture Window is such a depressing song that I can't stand to let Donn play it.

But today in the car on the way back from the doctor's office, I started thinking, maybe in some cases the lyrics are right?  Maybe, in some cases, hope really is a bastard, a liar, a cheat and a tease...

We went for our first followup today.  Pathology from the D and C revealed what we already knew:  just left over birth product.  Pathology from the autopsy showed no visable abnormalities with the baby.  Doctor noted visibly a girl, but not declaring that until chromosonal testing comes back.  And I'm praying the chromonsonal testing shows that something was wrong with baby.  How wrong is that?  Because the only other thing noted in the autoposy pathology is that the placenta did not show the same gestational age as the baby... that the placenta wasn't sufficient enough, wasn't getting the baby enough blood... an it's most probable that this was a result of my uteran malformation... My broken body may have actually killed my babies.  I'm not sure I can handle that..

No comments:

Post a Comment